FREE Income Tax Preparation by IRS-Certified Volunteers
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) is an IRS program that provides free income tax preparation to low-income, students, elderly, non-resident, disabled, and limited English proficient individuals.
Our CSULB site is available to qualifying taxpayers with an income level of $51,000 or less. IRS-certified volunteers provide free basic income tax return preparation with electronic filing for federal and state tax returns. They can inform taxpayers about special tax credits for which they may qualify such as Earned Income Tax Credit, Child Tax Credit, and Credit for the Elderly or the Disabled. Don’t put off your taxes!
Our CSULB VITA site will be open from Monday, February 3 to Friday, March 28.
Hours of Operation:
The site is located in the CBA Computer Lab
CBA Room 237 (Computers 74, 75, 77, 78, & 79)
Monday – Thursday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Friday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
(CLOSED on Monday, February 17)
Please make sure to bring the following items:
• Government issued photo ID
• Original Social Security Cards or Documents of Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) for all family members
• All W-2’s and 1099’s (if any)
• Other income/expense information
• Total Tuition Fees & Expenses Paid (1098-T)
• Total Expenses Paid for Child/Day Care
• Day Care or Dependent Care Provider’s Address, Phone & Identifying Number (SSN or EIN)
• Bank Account & Routing number (Voided Check) for Direct Deposit of Refund
• Last year’s tax return in helpful, but not required
• To file taxes electronically on a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms.
**If you have any questions, contact Jennifer Mae Formeloza at email@example.com